Saturday, 8 January 2011

Want a good read......Room by Emma Donoghue...


... is one of the best books I've read for a while and can see why  it was on the short list for the Man Booker prize  in 2010. I borrowed the book from my daughter to read while Aidan was in hospital and it stayed shut until Christmas  then one day  I started and read a few pages and a few more and wow its inspired not what I expected  or was it reflecting back now.
 I  now understand the quotes on the back very true If you don't read another book  read this one and tell me you don't see the world differently Ive now got to give the book back to my daughter to read and move on to my next book.
  Although hopefully I will be reading my next book on the kindle a late Christmas pressie from hubby.Cant wait for it to arrive Ive been hinting for the past few months lol.
 

1 comment:

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Toni, I just downloaded a "sample" of the first chapter of this book onto my Nook and I will definately be reading this book next. It left me wanting to read more. Thanks for the suggestion. ~jeni :)