Friday, 4 January 2013

Christmas has come and gone and ..........


the new year has been welcomed in and the old well that's shoved out with the cobwebs and piled high with the junk I had accumulated. OMG what junk do we collect and most of it I can say is tat  and stuff  kept e just for the sake of maybe someday I will use it  day ..........well I've had enough of MAYBE  if its not used its going...... going.....gone. I'm heading for minimalists for 2013 and  hopefully slim downed in size and life and got rid of non necessities (hubby NOT being one of them as he still has  uses and makes me LOL).
SO what  else have I done ...................errrrrrrr  Whoop of Joy I've finished reading a book Reflected in you by  Sylvia Day (one of those saucy but enjoyable reads that I couldn't put down) Now I just have to wait for the third instalment to be written grrrr  .......  don't you just hate that, by the time the next ones out I will have forgotten the characters and have to read all three books again.The good thing about 50 shades they were all out  together  when I read them (although I didn't feel the need for the third one but that's my opinion hey ho).
So I am now reading something light hearted and hilarious after the first three paragraphs when I have my cuppa coffee Miranda Harts is it just  me  I have to say  no it is not just  her as I too have been caught by the Life Eh situations and I'm sure will be caught by  many  more.If you want a good read please pick up her book or you can download the first chapter for free on kindle even that will put a smile on your face for an afternoon
Now my afternoon has been spent  making the most awesomeness cake ( is there a word awesomeness  probably not but hey ho)  I've been baking  Aidan's B' day cake today  and I thought  I'd blog about it too as  I've decided my blog is going back to its roots of  something to share over a cuppa of something and what crafting I've done or not done  this year and we will see how things go.
 I've come off all  DT's but still  keep my updates on what peeps have been doing so I will leave the links up etc and add new ones I'm sure as needed or wanted.
 I lost my  mojo in 2012  with losing  close family so 2013 is a journey to get it back.

 So my first task of the year Aidan's b'day cake and card if I get round to it but first his cake he's  15 years old this year ( my where did that time go :)  

   So to Chocolate cake everyone's favourite
  I used a classic sponge recipe from my great British bake off book (all
in good book shops or check on line ) for a Victoria sponge and substituted 25 g of cocoa powder from the S.R flour to make it chocolaty. I realised once I cooked it I could have doubled the recipe for a huge cake but  there you  have it I don't think ahead doh! moment so in the oven it went for half an hourish until pricking tool was clean and sponge was bouncy. Now of course I licked the bowl and spatula once it was all cooking  before washing up  and preparing the butter cream No kids were in so some one has too !!
and the next thing once cooled was toDecorate it.My friends  on FB recently  made a cake using   chocolate fingers   and as they are one of Aidan's favourite biscuits  I figured Id use them too so 2 and a half  packets later and loads of butter cream (can you keep butter cream as I have loads left over ?) we have walls and its looking a good cake to me  that is  until put something on top I've used two packets of  twirl bites only because  I couldn't find any smarties  and...............
      Ta da

  One finished cake already for tomorrow and the bonus is we have fingers and chocolate left over although after Christmas the last thing I want to see is chocolate but hey ho ..........now.....................
 ...............................................what do do with this lot  mmmmmmmm  
 once  the rest of the family see them  they will be gone I'm sure 


 So there you  have it  first  blog  for 2013 and I'm off for my cuppa and get tea sorted  next task B'day card by tomorrow.  Mmmmnnnn  we will see
Catch ya laters





4 comments:

Cally said...

Toni, lovely to see you blogging again..I need to start mine up again soon :-). The cake looks wonderful..I can just feel the calories going on just looking at it. I'm sure it tastes just as good.

Callyx

Hazel said...

Now that is what I call a proper cake - brilliant!

I hope you have a great weekend.

Toodle Pip

Hazel xx

Linda said...

Toni that cake looks so Delicious. I want to dig right in with my finger. You can send the extra chocolate buttercream over here. I have a spoon that will fit right into the bowl. LOL

I'm not on any DT right now either. I find I craft and enjoy it better when I let my mood influence my craft. I miss being part of a DT, but you ATM I am happy with the freedom.

I hope you keep popping in the blogging world in 2013. Your creations are wonderful.

Debbie said...

Wow that looks one yummy cake.He'll love it.You just do what's right for you dearie.Sometimes we have to cut back on the extras and take the pressure off ourselves then regroup - gosh that was deep for me -ha ha.Take care and hope your son has a fab 15th birthday.Hugs Debbie x